I have been using dryer balls for years now. I needed to replace my old ones. I have been using 6 since I do large tubs of clothes. These balls are larger than the ones I had. My clothes definitely dry much faster now. Thanks for the helpful hint on using salt in a sock. It works for me! Yay no more static.
DRYER BALLS - Alpaca FeltAdd to Wishlist
Our handmade felted Dryer Balls are a simple way to lower your toxic load. By switching your synthetic-laden dryer sheets for all-natural Alpaca Felt Dryer Balls, you’ll save money as well! Felt dryer balls can last for 800+ loads and/or many years, and are biodegradable.
Our Dryer Balls are handcrafted from the fleece of our own sustainably raised alpacas. They come in a variety of funky colors and asymmetrical shapes and sizes, depending on the fleece's staple length and fineness. Alpaca fleece is free of lanolin so it is a hypoallergenic alternative to sheep's wool. No dyes are ever added -- only natural colors!
So, how do they work?
- Dryer balls help separate garments for wrinkle reduction, increased softness, and slightly decreased drying time.
- Every order also includes a small sachet filled with coarse sea salt, which we find eliminates a good deal of static when added to dryer loads.
- We recommend a set of 4 for small to medium loads and a set of 6 for large and extra large loads. We do a lot of laundry on our farm (large loads!) and do fine with a set of 4.
- Using a set of 6 is best for slightly decreasing dry time.
- When they're noticeably smaller in size and no longer seem to be reducing wrinkles it's time to give them to your pet as a chew toy or place them in your garden for mulch.
- For a fresh scent, try adding a few drops of a pleasing essential oil.
These dryer balls soften fabrics, reduce wrinkles and decrease drying time and they are beautiful. I smile every time I see them when loading and unloading the dryer.